argus-2.0.6.beta.10

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jul 14 15:14:24 EDT 2003

I hate it when this happens.  Runs fine on RedHat, in all
combinations of parameters that I can think of.

Ok, the difference here is that we're running getopt()
twice, first to pull out any "-F" options, in order
to decide if we should or shouldn't open /etc/argus.conf,
and then second to parse out the rest of the options.

The source input processor, uses optind as the index
for the start of the commandline filter, and in your
example it should be pointing at the NULL that should
be at the end of argv.

Is it possible that the BSD's are doing something
funky with argv, and not putting a NULL at the end?

If you don't mind, could you debug argus, by
touching ".devel" in the root directory, re-configuring
and recompiling, and then break in ArgusCopyArgv,
to see what the optind is and to see what it thinks
argv should be?

Carter