using flow-tools for ad hoc flow reports (was "Re: toptalkers over a longer timespan")

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Fri Feb 21 10:27:08 EST 2003

...on Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:20:14PM -0600, Dave Plonka wrote:

 > ARGUS AND CFLOWD USERS:
 > You can use flow-tools' flow-stat reports *even if* you are using
 > cflowd or argus rather than flow-tools' flow-capture as your flow
 > collector.  With my flowdumper utility, supplied with the Cflow

Would it also be possible to convert flowtools capture
files to cflowd format, so that argus can understand them?
Or even make argus read that format directly?

Personally, I find the argus clients' usage much more
intuitive than some of the flow-tools for simple tasks,
but then that may only be because I have already used
argus.

Alex.