utilization by time problem

none none proteus421 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 17:35:34 EST 2003

Hi, I would like to use Argus to monitor traffic
utilization in 1 minute intervals by using ramon on an
argus output file. The problem I have is that
utilization info is returned about data collected
since the time argus was started, not just for the
minute window in time I specify. I used this line to
grab the traffic.

ramon -t 2003/12/10.15:09 -M TopN -r /var/log/blah -
tcp and not net 172

I have also tried filtering with ragator and passing
the results to ramon with the same result. Is there
another way for me to accomplish this task?

Ultimately, I am going to run a script every minute
that will run an ramon command and find sources that
are generating bytes over a certain limit within that
minute.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
-P