2.0.6.beta.14 argus startup problems

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Dec 5 00:26:17 EST 2003

	It probably got introduced back about beta.12 or so. There was a
problem with the BSDs and getopt (that didn't occur on linux at least not on
RedHat 7.3) that Carter fixed. I don't remember if I tried the fix on RedHat 9
at that point, and I'm pretty sure Carter is still running 7.3. It may be
profitable to try the 2.0.6 release candidate (although I have a few BSD fixes
for it already, none of them are around the getopt stuff).