Problem with -d option

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Apr 23 08:38:34 EDT 2003

Hey Andrew,
   In the argus-clients package you need to specify
that you want to print the user data fields using
the -s option.  The -d option modifies the default
number of user bytes to print, which is 32 bytes.
To print 256 bytes of just the user fields:

   ra -s user -r argus-eth0.log.1.gz -d 256 - port 80

to print 256 bytes of the user fields appended to
the end of the standard output:

   ra -s+user -r argus-eth0.log.1.gz -d 256 - port 80

Carter