Got argus installed easily, now what?

Mitesh P Choksi mitesh at icafe.co.tz
Fri Nov 22 16:54:16 EST 2002

Dear All,

I need to know if there is any documentation that will allow me setup my
system in a way that I can produce graphs of per IP or per group of IP on a
daily basis.

I want to produce graphs like ipac-ng does and bw-acct does.

I have installed the latest .rpm

If there is not documentation then I will be preparing it, but need somewehre
to get started as to what do you people do with argus once it is installed.

Primary reason for installing argus: IP based bandwidth accounting
Secondary: Protocol usage analysis
...: Answering question what happened in "that" peak hour, who used for what?

A SQL backend to store all argus information realtime would be fantastic. I
would plug all the info into MySQL and then use graphical reporting tools to
get reports out for history or current information.

Hope I am sending this to the right list.

Awaiting some pointers

--

Cyberdude Murli
The Earth