Tool question

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 8 16:23:10 EST 2002

	While its inefficient in the extreme, the perl scripts posted some
days ago can do this. The start time is grabbed off the first non man record
that the script sees (because the man records have argus start time not file
start time) and the date of the last record in the file gets written after
all the records have been read. A print statement at the end of the read loop
that prints start and end time to stdout will do what you want. A better way
would be to do something like a head and tail of the argus file and print
the time stamps, but I'm not sure that is all that easy to do.