Linux LFS support in argus 2.0.5?

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Thu May 30 01:49:00 EDT 2002

I got a copy of argus 2.0.5 tonight, compiled it, and tried using some
of the clients with files generated with argus 2.0.4 (the files are LARGE).
The clients died trying to open the files because they were too large.

In looking at the configure scripts for 2.0.4 and 2.0.5, it looks like
the part that determines whether to use Linux LFS has been somewhat removed
from 2.0.5; this part is still there:

linux*)
	echo $ac_n "checking for Linux LFS""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:2829: checking for Linux LFS" >&5
	;;
esac

but the part that figures out whether to define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and
FILE_OFFSET_BITS is missing.  It's also missing from configure.in.

Is the support for Linux LFS supposed to be there or not?  Since I
have some files from argus 2.0.4 that need LFS, I can't upgrade unless
I leave 2.0.4 around to read them, and I'd rather not have to do that.
(And yes, I need to work on the argus files to cycle them faster to
keep them smaller.  Someday when I have time... :-( )

Mike Iglesias                          Internet:    iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069