OpenBSD 3.1

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue May 21 17:20:35 EDT 2002

	Well, this looks to be an OpenBSD bug. They have changed struct
timeval to struct bpf_timeval in /usr/include/pcap-int.h and /usr/include/pcap.h
but bpf_timeval isn't defined in any other header file that I could find.
	Building a new copy of libpcap-0.7.1 beside the argus-2.0.5 directory
(and then doing a make clobber ./configure make) fixes that (for argus,
anything else will presumably still be broken).
	While I'm here if you are running on OpenBSD or NetBSD it is worth
checking that the bpf fix from FreeBSD has been ported across (I haven't had
time to check). Otherwise you will lose partially filled bpf buffers when you
start or stop argus (which if you never stop argus of course isn't a problem
:-)). If you are running FreeBSD < 4.5-RELEASE, upgrade because otherwise you
have the same problem.