How Do I Filter The Data so just the totals for each ip are shown?

Andy andy at quadrant.net
Mon May 13 13:41:54 EDT 2002

No I don't think that I am.  I compiled the latest from

ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.5.tar.gz

Made it and installed it again just a few seconds ago after applying
the patches to get it to work on Mac Os X and still the same errors.
I looked at the creation dates of these executables and they are all
current.

ramon -h
Ramon Version 2.0.5
usage: ramon -M mode [-N num]
usage: ramon -M mode [-N num] [ra-options] [- filter-expression]
                               TopN, Matrix
             -N <number>    specify the top <number> of entries to print (all).
ra-options: -a             print record summaries on termination.
             -A             print application bytes.
             -b             dump packet-matching code.
             -c             print packet and byte counts.
             -C             treat the remote source as a Cisco Netflow source.
             -D <level>     specify debug level
             -F <conffile>  read configuration from <conffile>.
             -g             print record time duration.
             -G             print both start and last time values.
             -h             print help.
             -I             print transaction state and option indicators.
             -l             print last time values [default is start time].
             -n             don't convert numbers to names.
             -p <digits>    print fractional time with <digits> precision.
             -P <portnum>   specify remote argus <portnum> (tcp/561).
             -r <file>      read argus data <file>. '-' denotes stdin.
             -S <host>      specify remote argus <host>.
             -t <timerange> specify <timerange> for reading records.
                   format:  timeSpecification[-timeSpecification]
                            timeSpecification: [mm/dd[/yy].]hh[:mm[:ss]]
                                                mm/dd[/yy]
             -T <secs>      attach to remote server for T seconds.
             -u             print time in Unix time format.
             -w <file>      write output to <file>. '-' denotes stdout.
andyscomputer:/var/log/argus% ramon -r argus.out -M topn
ramon: RaCreatePolicyEntry: format error
andyscomputer:/var/log/argus% ramon -r argus.out -M TopN
ramon: RaCreatePolicyEntry: format error

All of the other utilities are working fine and reading the data file
perfectly.

Andy