ANNOUNCE: Cflow-1.051 - updated perl module released

Dave Plonka plonka at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 31 12:44:45 EST 2002

Argus users,

    I've prepared a new release of the Cflow perl module which is used
    to process raw flow files from various flow sources.

    As in the past, the Cflow distribution also contains the
    `flowdumper' script, which serves as a grep and/or sed-like utility
    for flows and as an example of how to use the Cflow module.

    Cflow is the perl module on which FlowScan is based.  If all goes
    well, the next FlowScan release will document its use with flow
    sources other than cflowd and will require Cflow-1.051.

Availability

    The Cflow perl module is available under the terms of the GNU
    General Public License at:

       http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/Cflow/

Changes

    The current release is Cflow-1.051 and contains these major
    modifications:

     o support for Argus, flow-tools, and cflowd format raw flow files.

     o The flowdumper script now reports warnings in your perl
       expressions and treats them as fatal errors.  (So now if you
       typo the name of one of the flow variables, you'll know it.)

     o updated Cflow and flowdumper documentation

Please report Cflow bugs to me personally.  If you have questions
regarding use of Cflow with specific flow sources, please direct those
questions to the "argus-info", "flow-tools", or "cflowd" mailing lists
as appropriate.  Likewise, issues involving FlowScan should be directed
to the "flowscan" mailing list.

Thanks,
Dave

--