FlowScan w/argus?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jan 11 18:35:20 EST 2002

Hey Dave,
   There are 6 ICMP INFO types:
      Echo
      Timestamp
      Information Request
      Address Mask Request
      Mobile Registration Request
      Domain Name Request

   Argus generates connected flows for these packet types
   by strictly matching request/reply pairs.  Argus will
   report the Request type, when there are bi-directional
   ICMP flows, because of Argus's theoretical connection
   model, which uses the first packet as the flow determinate.
   Argus corrects the case when packets come in out of order,
   so the theoretical model holds even when the first packet
   is the ICMP INFO reply.  Response packets must fit the
   strict connection flow model that Argus enforces, so you
   explicitly know what type the return traffic must have been.

   Good to hear that you've gotten this far so quickly.
   If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to email/call.

Have a great weekend!!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022