'known flows' configuration file

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 14 10:50:29 EST 2002

	As well as ragator, perl is (or can be) your friend here too. I find
feeding the ra output in to a perl script that classifies traffic by host
and volume useful for detecting compromises (there is an article on this
subject in the November issue of Usenix's login: as well). Russell's watcher
script (which should be in the archive) has an appropriate ra parsing routine
to use. There should be copies of my earlier perl scripts in the list archive
as well. There are also perl scripts around for detecting both code red / nimda
(mine is still catching 1 or 2 local hosts per week here ...) and one that
finds the ssh CRC32 breakin as examples of what can be done (again both should
be in the list archive).