Ragator config file questions

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Sep 25 15:18:01 EDT 2001

Hey Wozz,
   The problem may be in the 300 that you have at the end
of your flow id lines.  This tells ragator how long
(in seconds) it should hold the aggregated record in its
cache before it flushes.  If you want to aggregate all
the records for a 24 hour period, for instance, this number
should be 86400.

   Generally, I have this number really big, because I
want the input to define the scope of the aggregation.
In other words, if I feed ragator() an entire month's
worth of records, I usually want it to aggregate it over
the whole month range.  But that's just me.

   Give a large number a try, and if that doesn't do it
maybe there's a bug.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022