Writing flow logs in an ra client

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Oct 19 15:37:14 EDT 2001

Hey Chris,
   Yes you have to have the ArgusInitCon record in
the front of the file, in order for it to be a legit
argus data file.  The ArgusInitCon record does not change
as long as you are connected to a data source.

   If you use the client library routine
ArgusWriteNewLogFile(filename, argus), you won't have
to worry about dealing with getting the initial record
in the file, this routine handles it for you.
The argus record you send using this routine should
be in network order so something like this works really
well:

   ArgusHtoN(argus);
   ArgusWriteNewLogFile(outfilestr, argus);
   ArgusNtoH(argus);

Because ArgusWriteNewLogFile() uses ArgusInput->ArgusInitCon,
you don't have to worry about it.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022