argus-2.0.3 available for testing

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Oct 11 18:00:02 EDT 2001

Gentle people,
   Sorry for the delay in getting this out.  I've made the
changes that Peter suggested for OpenBSD porting, and
added a long waiting patch that was supplied by Kevin Miller
at CMU to allow you to control what interface Argus will
bind to for its remote access ports (sorry Kevin for the
delay).  Mods to the man pages and the support/Config/argus.conf
file are included so it should be pretty straight forward
to test.  I've uploaded argus-2.0.3 to the dev directory.

ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.3.tar.gz

If the group could please, put the final kabash to this and if
it passes, I'll announce it's availability, ASAP.

Kevin's change allows you to force the listen to a particular
interface, which can really help in the security of accessing
remote argus data.  Binding to 127.0.0.1 is pretty powerful,
and binding to a specific interface on a dual homed machine
that doesn't do routing can also be pretty powerful.  So
thanks Kevin!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022