ra ICMP status fields

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Nov 14 12:27:31 EST 2001

Hey Wozz,
   Usually need version numbers in order to provide real
information, but this one should apply to 2.0.3+ and
the argus_clients package.  Argus generates ICMP specific
information for all the ICMP packet types so the list
is a bit long but here goes:

       URN     Unreachable network
       URH     Unreachable host
       URP     Unreachable port
       URF     Unreachable needs fragmentation
       URS     Unreachable source failure
       URNU    Unreachable dst network unknown
       URHU    Unreachable dst host unknown
       URISO   Unreachable source host isolated
       URNPRO  Unreachable network administrative prohibited
       URHPRO  Unreachable host administrative prohibited
       URNTOS  Unreachable network TOS prohibited
       URHTOS  Unreachable host TOS prohibited
       URFIL   Unreachable administrative filter
       URPRE   Unreachable precedence violation
       URCUT   Unreachable precedence cutoff

       ECR    Echo Reply
       ECO    Echo Request
       SRC    Source Quench