Need help using argus

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Nov 9 07:34:05 EST 2001

Argus does support RTP discovery.  Doesn't Net2phone
use H.323 and RTP for its sessions?  Argus will report
the RTP sessions, and the filters all support rtp
as a keyword, so that should help.

If you cannot rely on the destination port of the
flow, Argus supports capturing up to 512 bytes of user
data for any transaction.  This is more than enough to
recognize the service that is being supported by the
connection. You will need to write your own routines
to analyze the user data buffer.  ragrep() does allow
you to match user data buffers against regular
expressions, so you could use this to find gnutella,
http, napster, kazaa keywords in the user data buffers.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com