ra man page.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu May 24 22:53:20 EDT 2001

Hey Chris,
   Hope you don't mind me sending this to the list.  Its better
that many people see the question, and the answer at the same
time.

   'I' indicator.  Yes, you are correct, the 'I' indicator is
not documented in the man page, but that is an oversight on my
part.

   The 'I' indicator is saying that an ICMP packet was received
that mapped to this particular flow.  This could be an Unreachable,
or a Redirect.  The IETF IPPM Working Group has defined as
class of connected flows which are Type-P1-P2 flows, where
a packet of one type goes out, say a SYN, and a packet of a
completely different type, like an ICMP Port Unreachable shows up
as the response.  Argus tracks these types of flows, and reports
the type of ICMP that was returned, but it doesn't count the ICMP
packet.  The actual ICMP packet is accounted for in its own flow,
so that you can find the gory details, like what router sent the
ICMP, etc....

Hope this helps!  I'll have the update in the next client release
that we have.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022