2nd beta release of my argus perl scripts...

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Mar 14 22:44:06 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:37:41 +1300 (NZDT) Russell Fulton
<r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:44:35 -0500 Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com>
> wrote:
>
>  I have also found a bug in
> the slowscan script itself which is trigged when you use the history
> option.  I have started summarising stuff in the history file as well
> as the reports to save memory with big scans.  It isnt quite working
> properly yet. If you don't save history between runs you should not get
> bitten by this one.   I'll try and get it fixed today.

I think this should fix it.  On line 294 of slow scan replace

	       $src{$ip}->{$time} = "$hosts hosts $$Desc" ;
with
	       $src{$ip}->{$time} = "$hosts hosts $Desc" ;

looks like a bit of key bounce ;-)

[short pause while I test this... two hours and several runs later ;-) ]

Yes, it appears to work now but it will get a better test when my
overnight job runs tonight.

Cheers, Russell.