argus structures...

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 21 22:14:59 EDT 2001

Always questions!
The -z option prints out the Argus states, which cover
the entire flow. The -Z option prints out the accumulated
TCP flag bits for both halves of the flow. The value is
derived just as it is for Netflow records, you just OR
the bits into the value for every packet in the flow.
That's why there are src and dst components to the -Z flag.

The -z option is more precise that the -Z flag, as it
tells you the actual states that the TCP progressed through.
But seeing the actual flags can help discover TCP
protocol non-conformity.

Carter