argus-clients informal survey

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 21 20:33:21 EDT 2001

Hey Russell, and Chris et.al.,
   Yes, we can do dynamic flow models, and you are absolutely
right, the trick is the trigger states, the watermarks
if you will, that turn on the various model changes.  My
thinking would be to do it on a per host basis, rather
than the whole modeler, as that seems to be a generality
of the actual attack strategy for DOS.  (I really get a kick
out of the fact that DOS is a really bad thing now.  I
always thought DOS was evil, even when it only ran on PC's ;o)

   I still have to think about some stuff before I put
in a few hooks for this, but I'll have something in 2.0.2.beta.3
that will help.

   If working on this issue is the #1 thing to do, then
I can pay some attention to it.  I do think however, that
I need to pay some serious attention to making argus easy
to use.  I really do need some help in this area.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com