argus to tcpdump conversion

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 14 17:17:47 EDT 2001

One way to test to see if ragator is doing the right
thing is to pipe the output to racount().  Comparing
the native file counts with the aggregated stream counts
is very helpful.  If the byte and packet totals are the
same, then things are working, just not as you suspect.

racount -r file*
ragator -r file* -w - | racount
ragator -f conf -r file* -w - | racount

You're records don't necessarily show that you've got
both halves of the connection being reported.  At CMU
we had some problems getting the interfaces set up
properly on RH 7.x.  Are you reading from two independent
interfaces or are you using the "any" interface?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com