[robin at koping.net: argus.]

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 14 16:58:14 EDT 2001

	If I understand the question correctly this is already the default
(unless you suppress it with the -n flag). Without the -n flag ra (and all
the rest) will do a reverse lookup in the DNS and if the IP resolves substitue
as much of the host name as it can in the output display. In the example
below 24.159.5.213 doesn't have a reverse entry and thus isn't resolved but
the other three do and truncated (and therefore not necessarily too useful)
output is provided. The DNS lookups slow the process down a fair bit and thus
I usually suppress this with the -n flag.

Thu 06/14 08:01:37 d    tcp farrelllab.biol.2485  <-> h24n1fls33o831..1214  162    212     0         308640   EST
Thu 06/14 08:01:43 d    tcp farrelllab.biol.1073  <->    24.159.5.213.1214  2      4       2         3        EST