argus option review

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Jan 28 09:56:15 EST 2001

Hey Torbjorn,
   We have the -T option for the ra* programs but nothing
for argus() itself.  I can do something based on the number of
packets read, but not the number of records written, as there
are multiple output channels and support for multiple filters,
so deciding which stage the count applied to would be difficult.

   So in response I can see supporting a -T <secs> and a
-c <packetcount> option for argus.

   But, you don't need to stop argus() to shift its log files.
Scripts like ./support/Archive/argusarchive work my just
renaming the output file.  argus() will recognize that the
file has been moved and adjust, by closing the old file
and recreating the output file.

So lets consider the -T and -c options for argus.
Anyone on the list have any objections?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022