argus-2.0.0R and Sparc

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jan 19 10:08:04 EST 2001

Gentle people,
"R" has a Sparc specific memory alignment problem
in it which I have addressed in "S" (does he
ever sleep ;)  This is not a problem on Intel
machines, so do Arg on.

Neil isolated it to Arp packets in his environment, and
I've a fix in place.

If you have problems with argus and Sparc Solaris, and argus
is "Bus Error"ing on packets other than Arp packets,
please send mail, and I'll try to get a bead on this.

Thanks for the effort,

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022