argus-2.0.0Q, RA clients that buffer and dump data.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jan 16 14:31:48 EST 2001

Hey Chris,
   ra does that so you can pipe data into other programs,
like sort and ragator and the like.

   In the situation you propose, Unix is controlling the
file descriptors at this point, and so it will not recover
from you renaming the file.  Nothing you can do.

A strategy would be for your script to do the move and
then run ra against the new file.

Your script could do this:

   mv file newfilename
   ra -r newfilename > asciifile