argus-2.0.0P.tar.gz

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Jan 14 08:46:12 EST 2001

Gentle people,
   Argus-2.0.0P is available for testing.
ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.0P.tar.gz
This fixes a major problem with retransmitted fragments,
great thanks to Clauss for a packet file that generated
the problem.  Clauss's file reveal a number of problems
with fragment processing, so this support is now much
better.

   I also fixed a problem with "-F conffile" which always
seemed to turn on the -G option (missing break in a switch
statement).

   Also there were some problems with Cisco file processing
that crept into a previous version.  So file and wire
netflow record support should be working.

   I've tried to solve a problem that Torbjorn reported
where ra -Cw filename didn't generate a valid argus data
file.  I hope that I fixed this, but I have no way of
testing it myself, so for those that can, please give
this a try.

Thanks for all the bug reports.  FYI there is an
./bin/argusbug program that can be used to report bugs.
If anyone gets an opportunity to try it out, please
do so.  It will send mail to the mailing list with
some formlike support.  I borrowed it from the MySQL
package with some surgery.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022