ra loops, possibly linked to ragator

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 26 18:51:09 EST 2001

Hi,
	I did try argusbugs and it appeared to work fine except for the
fact that the machines where I do my argus testing are not set up to
send mail to the outside world.  SO I'm doing this the old way.

Version beta 6.

A week or so back I started running ragator on my hourly files (default
options) and about this time I stopped getting any reports from my
overnight slowscan detector (and I had my op).  When I finally checked
the machine I found 6 days worth of ra process still running all
burning cpu.

All were processing one of the first 3 files of the day.  It is
conceivable that this is related to an argus version issue (I changed
version on the same day that I sarted using ragator) but I doubt it.  I
need to do more work to clarify this.

Any idea how to track this one down?  One idea that occurs to me is to
binary search one of the offending files using time options to try and
get a small file that will exhibit the symptoms. (assuming that it is a
particular record that is causing the problem).  I'll try and do that
this afternoon.