last chance for installation target comments

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Feb 23 22:33:12 EST 2001

Hey William,
   No apologies necessary.  I have my preferences
as well.  Yes, the discussion is primarily about rpms,
and debs, but we do have to have a default "make install".

   We support --prefix in our configure, but this will
not modify the installation target for the docs.
How do most ./configure scripts handle this, all through
the prefix directive?

Carter