Does argus record the IP ID field?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Apr 26 10:57:54 EDT 2001

Hey Russell,
   For all IP flows we track the ip_id, but we only report it
currently for some ICMP flows and fragmentOnly flows.

   Adding it is not a problem at all.  There is a place for
one ip_id in the basic IP flow descriptor.  But that would
be only one ip_id.  In this case we could report the last src
or dst ip_id or just the last ip_id seen on the flow, (either
src or dst).

   If you want the ip_id for both directions, I only have
to make a small change to the FlowAttributes data structure.
This will generate a version issue, but I can handle that
without any trouble.  In this case would you want the
last ip_id seen or the first one seen for the period?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com