configure fix-ups and security on -P

Mark Poepping poepping at cmu.edu
Sat Sep 30 00:27:48 EDT 2000

possible fix for memory leak
Carter,
Do you have the configure.in macro foo?  We don't put the libpcap in
the 'usual suspect' directories in our software management scheme
and are used to being able to tell configure where to look..  We can
probably patch, or perhaps bulk-replace..  Also there's no install
target [yet]..  Do you want this stuff fixed at some point?  We could
do this.

What about security (beyond tcpd) on the argus port?  We were thinking
perhaps just add SASL support to argus, this way both client and server
get it compiled in via shared code, just as now..  Should be okay to add
conditional compilation, with flexible authentication options that come
with SASL, so you'd get TLS with it too..

Thoughts?
mark.