Interesting, Solaris is faster.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Sep 28 21:10:35 EDT 2000

	Since the tape library appeared today (and I thus assume they will
want their 450 back) I tried the tcpreplay to a Sun E450 with dual 400 meg
CPUs and a gig of RAM on the high speed quad 10/100 card. Unlike the FreeBSD
box it looks to be able to keep up at hdx 100 with tcpdump (compiling libpcap
was exciting!). I'll have to experiment with fdx 100 and see if it still can and
then move down to an Ultra 10 and see what that does. Then I'll try OpenBSD
to see how it does and poking and prodding at FreeBSD to make it do better.
	The latest argus-2.0 code is still happily chugging away with no time
corruption on the other FreeBSD box. Perhaps I'll get back to checking the
data counts from the sniffer later tonite. I have the data parsed (via perl)
from the sniffer capture into full packet and data only counts (packets and
bytes) by src/dst ip and port.