I may be quiet for a while ...

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Sep 28 11:27:54 EDT 2000

	The thought just struck me that there is a dual 400 meg CPU Sun 450
sitting in our machine room doing nothing useful while it awaits a tape
libary and interfaces to become our new backup system. It could obviously
(although perhaps not to its owner :-)) be better used to see how fast
Solaris on a 450 can capture data from the wire (and thus argus testing will
probably languish for a while as I try that). I think we have an Ultra10 that
isn't in its final position as well (tcpreplay here I come :-)). It would be
nice to be able to say machine class X can sniff speed Y in a table somewhere
when trying to size hardware for argus and other IDS like things ...