argus-2.0.0j

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Sep 27 17:31:23 EDT 2000

Peter,
   I up loaded ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.0j.tar.gz
This will solve the problem, but of course there is an opportunity for
a new one to have been created.  I still will want to look at the files,
so do continue to send any data that will help.

   argus-2.0.0j contains an interesting program called ramon(), which
provides IP RMON2 style TopN and Matrix lists from argus data.
The syntax is:

   ramon -M [ TopN | Matrix ] [-N n] all the other ra options.

This particular version only supports IP traffic.  Please so give
this a try.  This will give top talkers or top talking pairs from
a set of data.  I like to use the "-t" option with it so something
like this is interesting:

   ramon -t 9-10 -M TopN -N 10 -gncr argusfile

should give some useful results.
Of course any opinions/reactions/whatever is always much appreciated.

   Remember that with each revision the formats of the output could
change, and thus do not assume that that there is any backward
compatibility.  In this case J is not compatible with I.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com