Multi file processing by clients

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Sep 8 11:54:13 EDT 2000

Hey Peter,
   I'd like to get rid of special case files, so
here is my defense to your specific examples.

   Shell expansion is pretty powerful stuff as
I'm sure you know.  Your list is easily created
using regular expressions, ( *06_30* ), so maybe
its just a bad example.  Also, using our -t option,
you should be able to pick out the 6-12pm transactions
in multifile reads with the day wild carded.

   Does that handle with your example?

   If we have file based configuration, I'd like the
file to contain the entire configuration, so that we
don't have to deal with precedence issues, like the
same option on the command line and in the file.
Who wins.

Carter