Problems on Solaris

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 25 13:00:29 EDT 2000

Hey Neil,
Good to see that your back.

Is it still that you are dying in LITTLE_ENDIAN routines?
Specifically ntohs() or ntohl() calls?  This is of
course interesting, since you are working on BIG_ENDIAN
machines where these routine should be defined as null
macros:

/usr/include/sys/byteorder.h
#define ntohs(x)	x
#define ntohl(x)	x

One thing that I would like to do is verify that the
c preprocessor is indeed making these changes in your
code.  If its not, then you may have some include file
mess ups, or Argus is defining LITTLE_ENDIAN, which is,
of course, not a good thing.

I'd like to see the output of your ./configure, and
the ./common/Makefile that is created, if that's possible.

Carter