rasort features

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 25 11:41:51 EDT 2000

Gentle people,
I have rewritten rasort() so that it can sort argus
records based on a number of criteria.  The 1.8 sort
only sorts on start time.

So far I have "sort by":
   startime
   lasttime
   duration
   total packets
   src packets
   dst packets
   total bytes
   src bytes
   dst bytes

Two things.  What other criteria are needed and how
should we specify on the command line?
Right now I'm using the reclaimed "-s" option
and I was going to use keyword matches, so:

   rasort -s srcbytes -r filename

This seemed reasonable.  I suspect that we should support
multiple "-s whatever" options on the command line, but
I'm not sure if it will do what we want.  I'm using
qsort, and I'll have to see what we need to do to support
multiple sort criteria.

I've removed the requirement that rasort() must write
out to a file, it can now generate ASCII on its own.

Suggestions, recommendations.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022