Throughput testing.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Oct 4 19:32:30 EDT 2000

	Well, I have discovered (by trying it) that the original Argus machine
captures just fine at 100 (and argus-1.8.1 thats on it captures just fine
too). That would imply one of SCSI disks, an Intel Etherexpress card or a
GX (I think) instead of BX chipset motherboard (or I suppose all three) are
making it happier (or come to think of it kernel config as well, the other
machines are running GENERIC kernels, one more variable to prod!). Tomorrow
I'll try moving the Intel card to one of the test PCs and see what that does
(followed by the SCSI disks probably).
	With that out of the way (at least until tomorrow) perhaps I'll have
a look at modifying tcpreplay to deal with a full duplex file and look to
testing full duplex mode.