new version of argus-2.0.0l

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Oct 2 18:53:00 EDT 2000

Thanks to Peter finding a major gotcha in the Solaris
port, there is now a new copy of argus at
ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0

And also thanks to David for providing valuable
assistance doing the Netflow record support.  Right
now all the ra-style clients can read V1 Netflow
data records and convert them into Argus records.
This is still very new and we have some work to
do, but its really cool if you have Netflow
V1 record capture support.

   ra -ncr "NetflowCaptureFile"

should do the trick.  The best is to do

   ragator -ncr "NetflowCaptureFile"

as this will merge the half-pipe Network records together
to make a familiar full-pipe Argus record.  Because this has
less info than an Argus record, you won't get it all
but at least you can sort them, filter them, etc ....

We'll do much better when we get V8 record support, which
should come as soon as next week, if I can find some data.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com