Argus SASL integration

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Nov 20 12:42:23 EST 2000

Gentle people,
   In order to get authentication and encryption for
remote Argus data, we are going to use the Cyrus SASL package
from CMU.  SASL can support many different authentication and
encryption strategies, including Kerberos.

I would like to begin testing the SASL implementations,
and so I am going to release "C" today with the complete
Argus SASL implementation in it.  You will need to have
the SASL package installed in order to use it.  The latest is
ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-sasl-1.5.24.tar.gz

   If you would like to test the SASL code, please
send me some mail, so I can get a feel for this separate
test effort.

Thanks!!!!!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A