Using Argus or tcpdump to detect Pretty Park trojan

H Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Wed Mar 1 10:50:08 EST 2000

Note that there is a new version of Pretty Park.  I noticed a short
notice of such when checking out the Symantec/Norton A/V site yesterday
to re-read the PrettyPark description and noticed that Norton
had updated a KnowledgeBase blurb (though not the SARC
Encyclopedia entry) on PP on 2/26 and recommendes that
everyone download the latest NAV sig/dat file update :

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/1999100815452606&src=hot

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/tech_hottopics_nav4-nt.html

I have also received a report of a new recent incident of PrettyPark.

- H. Morrow Long
  Yale University Information Security Officer