FW: Argus V2.0

Carter Bullard cbullard at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Jun 13 19:02:32 EDT 2000

Hey Peter,
   Here's a copy of my mail from this morning.
The length of the options is limited so we
should be able to pick a minimum snap length
that will get us everything that we need, say
128 bytes, or 96 or something that makes sense.
This will make Argus a little more useful for
some QoS stuff as well.

   I'm interested in using Argus records to drive
tcpreplay along with something like udpreplay and
icmpreplay to replay an entire days worth of
network traffic.  Products like SmartBits do OK
simulating traffic, but with an Argus audit
trail, you could play back real traffic into test
networks, rather than simulated stuff.  This should
be pretty easy to do?

Carter