Argus 2.0 User Payload Data

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jul 14 12:12:38 EDT 2000

Hey Peter!
   So if we do a supplemental record, what kind of
stuff would be interesting to support?  As I mentioned
earlier, I would like to do some covert channel detection
and so processed user data reporting is important to me.
This would allow you to discovery that the protocol
being used on port 25 is really SMTP, without putting
the validation logic in Argus itself.

   The configuration of such a beast will be interesting,
and so I'm interested in working on that.

   But what else?  Partial/full packet capture.  Anomalous
event reporting, with packet contents would satisfy Russell's
TCP bad flag issue I believe.

Carter