long jumps not supported

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 5 00:56:22 EDT 2000

Hmmm.... I see Carter's Nortel address now bounces so I'll post this to
the list...

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 06:25:11 -0700 Carter Bullard
<cbullard at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> Hey Lenny,
>    Argus used the libpcap compiler as a starting
> point for its own compiler many years ago.  Since
> then libpcap has made a few adjustments, and one
> of them has been to remove the "long jump" limitation.

>    Here are the new versions of the files that need
> to be changed to solve your problem, ./include/gencode.h
> and ./common/argus_util.c.  If you don't mind, could you
> make the changes and give it a test?

Hi Carter,

I have just tried this out on my linux 6.1 sysetm but find that when I
try ra with a large filter it dies with a core dump.  Do you know about
this or should I investigate?

I also had trouble compiling argus_util.c -- gcc did not like the macro
defs split over more than one line ???

Cheers, Russell.