pid file

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 20 23:13:48 EST 2000

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:17:38 -0500 Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey Peter,
> >    So what would be a good candidate for
> > "instance_name"?  I could do something like,
> >
> >    basename.interface.#.pid
> >
> > Problem is that one argus can read from multiple
> > interfaces, so which interface do we put in?
> >

> First one listed (either on the command line or in the rc file?
>

> Russell Fulton, Computer and Network Security Officer
> The University of Auckland,  New Zealand

	I was just about to suggest the same thing. Presumably in the cases
where you are using two interfaces (usually for full duplex I'd assume) you
will know which interfaces are part of the group from having at least one
specified (and hopefully your basename will tell you what the link is even
without the interface ...).