pid file

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Dec 20 12:17:38 EST 2000

Hey Peter,
   So what would be a good candidate for
"instance_name"?  I could do something like,

   basename.interface.#.pid

Problem is that one argus can read from multiple
interfaces, so which interface do we put in?

# would be a unique index.

I currently have an 'ARGUS_SET_PID=' variable in the
.argusrc file, so you can tell argus whether to
create a pid file or not.  This should allow you
to have one "critical" instance set a pid file, so
you can test whether its still running or not
from a cron job.  Other, temporary, argi would
not need to put down a pid.  I thought that this
would avoid collision problems with multiple argi.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com