Argus-2.0 Update

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Aug 21 12:38:47 EDT 2000

Gentle people,
I have brought Argus-2.0 'almost' to the level of functionality
of Argus-1.8.1 with the new architecture and its doing rather well.

On my 667MHz PIII running Redhat Linux 6.2 I'm getting around
98,000 Pkts/sec reading packets from disk and writing output
records to disk.  This is a cheap WinTel box, 810E bus controller
and standard ATA disks, although they are 7500 rpm.

That's a little better than Argus-1.8.1, 93,000 pkts/sec.  So
I think we've made some improvements in performance and still
getting the new functionality.  This will change but I'm trying
to keep it in the same ballpark.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022