tcpwrappers?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Aug 15 07:38:47 EDT 2000

Hey Peter,
   The ./configure program, when it finds the libwrap.a
library and source, will define "TCPWRAPPER=1" and put
it on the defines section of the ./server/Makefile.
This is how the code makes its way into argus.

   To have ./configure find libwrap.a easily, put the
distribution directory for tcpwrappers at the same level
as the argus distribution, remove ./lib/libwrap.a and
the ./wrapper directory, if it exists in your current
./argus-1.8.1 distribution directory and then rerun
./configure.  Or if you want to make it a little less
obvious, copy libwrap.a into the ./lib directory and make
a link, ./wrapper, that points to the tcpwrapper source
directory. Then run ./configure.

Or just place a '-DTCPWRAPPER=1' at the end of the DEF
definition on line 47 of the ./server/Makefile.  That
should at least include the code.  It should complain
about the libraries and include files that might be
missing, if the stuff above hasn't been done, but it
at least will get you started.

Hope this helps,

Carter