rolling argus logs...

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Aug 6 22:18:47 EDT 2000

Hey Russell,
   Argus doesn't close the file between writes, it
does an fstat() on the pathname to see if its still
there.  When it sees that the filename is gone,
it closes its open file descriptor and then creates
the original filename, writing out an appropriate
initial management record.  This is faster than,
closing and opening on each record.

   If we want some process control, what can we
do to support it in Argus-2.0?

Carter